Article 1 (Sales Method)
e+ sells tickets as per entrustment by the Event Provider under its instruction concerning sales method. e+ may put the limit or restriction on the number of tickets to be sold and/or on sales method. Even during the sales period, e+ may discontinue the sales of tickets when a number of orders has reached the number scheduled to be sold by us, provided that, in certain cases, we may resume sales of tickets upon request of the Event Providers.
Article 2 (Formation of Purchase Agreement)
1. You are required to place an order for the tickets in a method designated by e+. The ticket purchase agreement is formed between you and us when we notify you of the completion of purchase process on confirmation page or order page in our website, or by confirmation email that we will send to your registered email address, whichever comes first.
2. In no event shall e+ be liable for any damages incurred by you or any third party as a result of the delay or impossibility of formation of the agreement and/or the notice due to a reason beyond our direct control including communication failure, any trouble of facility or equipment of internet provider and erroneous registration of email address etc.
Article 3 (Payment of Costs and Expenses)
1. Payment shall be settled by Japanese Yen, with credit cards. You agree to pay for the ticket cost at the time of purchase as well as necessary fees for the service to be used, such as the special sales charge, system use fee, and fees related to payment, as a service charge prescribed by e+. e+ shall be in no way responsible for any cost due to the foreign exchange fluctuation incurred by you, if any.
2. e+ reserves the right to add or change each charge or fee, and change the payment method, by announcing you thereof in advance in a manner as determined appropriate by e+.
Article 4 (Refusal of Sales)
1. e+ may refuse ticket sales and/or terminate already-formed ticket sales in cases where:
- a. You have provided us with false information or have not provided us with necessary information when purchasing the tickets；
- b. You are engaged in nuisance for other customer or disturbing smooth ticket sales of e+;
- c. You fail to perform the prescribed procedure within the period notified by e+;
- d. You fail to follow the prescribed purchase procedure designated by us or Event Providers;
- e. You have failed to pay for tickets and relevant cost, charges and/or fees for the tickets you have ordered;
- f. You purchases or attempts to purchase tickets for an event more than the limited number set by e+; or
Article 5 (Tickets)
1. All the tickets are available at will call. We shall instruct, at the time of notice of acceptance by us, how to receive the tickets. Please receive the ticket on the day of the event at the event site during the time period we designate. You shall bring a printout of the ticket voucher with the code you were given at the time of purchase and receive the tickets at the box office of the event site or other designated place.
2. You understand and agree that no refund is available even if you did not receive the tickets due to a reason attributable to you.
Article 6 (Change of Tickets, Cooling-off Period)
ONCE YOU HAVE PURCHASED TICKETS, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN YOU REPLACE, EXCHANGE, CHANGE OR CANCEL THE TICKET. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THE TICKETS PURCHASED FROM e+. ARE NOT SUBJECT TO COOLING-OFF PERIOD.
Article 7 (Loss and Theft)
1. e+ shall not reissue tickets under any circumstances (including, but not limited to lost, stolen, or damaged).
2. You may not enter into the event site if you do not bring your ticket vouchers for your tickets. In the event somebody else possesses the ticket, his/her entrance may be given priority.
Article 8 (Refund on Tickets)
1. As to change and/or cancellation of events, the Event Providers shall assume all the responsibility and liability including those for notification of such change and/or cancellation. IN NO EVENT SHALL e+ BE LIABLE FOR CHANGE AND/OR CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT.
2. At the request of the Event Providers, e+ may undertake ticket refund service with respect to such change or cancellation on behalf of the Event Provider, with respect to the tickets that e+ sold through the Service
3. The refund shall be made within the refund period designated by the Event Provider and in the manner prescribed by e+. e+ WILL NOT MAKE ANY REFUND OF THE TICKETS FOR WHICH THE REFUND PERIOD SET BY THE EVENT PROVIDER HAS EXPIRED.
4. The refund shall be limited to the amount of the ticket cost, system use fee, ticketing charge, and/or special sales charge. Any other costs, fees or charges, including those for transportation, accommodation and communication, shall not be refunded Refunds shall be made to your credit card used for the payment of the tickets. You acknowledge and agree in advance that there may be cases where it takes three to four weeks for e+ to refund.
Article 9 (Prohibited Matters)
You shall not commit any of the following acts in using the Service. If such acts are found, we may, at our sole discretion, refuse your use of the Service, refuse to sale the tickets, and/or terminate already-formed ticket purchase agreement between you and us, without refund. You may also be ordered to leave the event site in the case you are already in the event site.
- a. Infringement or potential infringement of intellectual property rights including copyrights, trademark rights, property rights, privacy, or other rights of other customers, third parties and/or e+;
- b. Other than the above, any act that causes or likely to cause prejudice or damages to other customers, third parties and/or e+;
- c. Slander or libel toward other Customers, third parties, or e+;
- d. Offenses or potential offenses against public policy, or provision of information against public policy to other customers or third parties;
- e. Criminal acts, acts incidental thereto, or potential acts thereof;
- f. Any act for profit, or preparation thereof, through or in relation to the Service without e+'s approval;
- g. Any act of political campaign and the like, regardless of whether during elections;
- h. Any act relating to adult contents, religion and/or politics;
- i. Any act interfering with the smooth operation of the Service, or likely to otherwise interfere with the Service;
- j. Misapplication of ID, Log-in ID and/or Password;
- k. Use or provision of any harmful program including computer virus, through or in relation to the Service;
- l. Use of software performing automatic input or any other function of a similar nature, or any other attempt to use the Service in an unusual manner deemed inappropriate by e+;
- m. Any attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems or networks connected to the Service;
- n. Any act in violation of, or likely to violate laws and regulations;
- o. Resale or provision for resale to third parties of tickets purchased from e+ for profit;
- p. Resale or attempt for resale of tickets, for an amount over the ticket value, or via an auction or online auction; or
- q. Any other act deemed inappropriate by e+.
Article 10 (Exemption from Responsibility about Tickets)
1. In no event shall e+ be liable for tickets other than those purchased directly from us.
2. In no event shall e+ be liable for any damages incurred by you or any third party arising out of or in relation to delay or lack of notice as to the result of whether request of reservation for ticket is accepted or not due to network congestion or accident of computer system etc.
Article 11 (Service Change, Suspension andDiscontinuation)
1. e+, at its sole discretion, may change, suspend or discontinue the Service in the event of any of the following without prior notice:
- a. Regular or emergency maintenance of the facility and/or equipment we install or manage in relation to the Service;
- b. Emergencies beyond our control including natural disaster, riots or civil commotion, wars or act of God, or likelihood of such emergencies;
- c. Malfunction, failure of the facility and/or equipment that we install or manage or other incidents that makes the Service unavailable to you; or
- d. Any other cases that we deem necessary.
2. e+ shall not be liable for any losses or damages which may be incurred by you due to the change, discontinuation or suspension of the Service regardless of the reasons.
Article 12 (Disclaimers)
1. While we endeavor to keep the content of the Service accurate, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE DO NOT GIVE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER THAT THE SERVICE IS COMPLETE, ACCURATE, CERTAIN, OR SUITABLE FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE.
2. WE SHALL BE IN NO WAY LIABLE FOR THE DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING DELAY, SUSPENSION, CHANGE, DISCONTINUATION OR ABOLISHMENT, ERROR IN ISSUING OR DELIVERING THE TICKET DUE TO THE REASON NOT ATTRIBUTABLE TO US. MINORS MUST USE THE SERVICE UPON HIS/HER PARENTS’ CONSENT AND RESPONSIBILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO US FOR THE TICKET OR PRODUCT IN QUESTION, PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THIS DOES NOT APPLY WHERE WE ARE INTENTIONAL OR GROSSLY NEGLIGENT.
3. WHILE WE ENDEAVOR TO KEEP YOUR PRIVACY OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION SECRET, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT WE CANNOT COMPLETELY GUARANTEE YOUR PRIVACY OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION DUE TO OUR SECURITY SYSTEM’S LIMITATIONS.
4. You acknowledge and agree that, in addition to the foregoing, e+ shall not (i) be in any way responsible for any and all information, services, and other data contained in each website linked from the Service; (ii) guarantee that the number of tickets available through the Service always satisfies your requirement; and (iii) be responsible for any damages incurred by third parties as a result of the acts of others.
2. In addition to those provided herein, such provisions as the terms and conditions set forth by the provider or operator of the event ("Event Provider"), if any, shall also apply.
Article 14 (Copyrights)
1. You may not use the information or files provided through the Service beyond the scope permitted by the Copyright Act of Japan without consent of the copyright holder in any manner.
2. You agree that you will solve the conflict with the right holder at your own cost and responsibility.
Article 15 (Dispute Resolution, and Severability)
1. You shall resolve disputes in relation to the Service between you and other customers on their own and not make any claim against us.
2. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions or information that you provided, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
Article 16 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
2. Any conflicts or disputes between you and us arising out of or in connection with the Service shall be submitted to the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court as the exclusive jurisdiction for the first instance.
Article 17 (United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods)
United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods (1980) shall not apply to any sale, purchase or any other arrangement under the Service.
Article 18 (Use of Personal Information)
e+ shall be entitled to use personal information and other information you provide (including such information as his/her history of past ticket purchases and/or preferences) for the following purposes. When using personal information for any purpose other than the followings, e+ shall notify you of the purpose and shall obtain the consent thereof.
- (i) Sale and provision of tickets and other services provided by e+, including taking orders, settling payments, and will call on the day of the event);
- (ii) Customer support in relation to the Service;
- (iii) Promotional activities, including notice of information on the Service, and advertisement of goods and services of companies that we deem appropriate
- (iv) Implementation of various questionnaires or campaigns, including various giveaways, for the purpose of developing and providing the Service;
- (v) Preparation of analytical materials using aggregated non-identifiable data for the purpose of marketing activities and developing new services, and marketing analysis using such
- (vi) Use and record of access information from such as the Internet, mobile sites and telephone for operation and management of the system and dealing with inquiries; and
- (vii) Services incidental to the preceding items, including informing Customers of the change, cancellation, or additional or next sale of tickets of the events, by e-mail, mail or phone call, and contacting Customers for confirmation deemed necessary in the course of business;
Article 19 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
e+ shall not disclose to any third party personal information that you provided to us, provided, however, that:
- a. e+ may provide a part of your personal information, including name, address and email address, phone number, gender and date of birth to third party contractors to which we outsource certain service ("Contractor(s)") to the extent necessary and that such Contractors use personal information for the performance of their service;
- b. e+ may provide your personal information to Event Providers and/or site of the event to verify identity upon admission to the halls using the tickets purchased through the Service;
- c. e+ may provide your personal information to Event Providers for them to contact you to give notice of the cancellation, postponement, or change of an event, to inform you of future events and services to be provided by the Event Provider, and to provide a refund service incidental thereto;
- d. e+ may provide your personal information with the financial institutions when processing your payment by credit card for the purchase of tickets using the Service, in order to confirm the validity of the credit card and customers’ payment; and
- e. e+ may, other than the items above, provide Customers’ personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Article 20 (Environment for Use of the Service)
1. We recommend that you use prevailing operating systems and browsers. Some of the function may not work correctly for certain devices or under certain environment.
2. You shall prepare at your own responsibility and cost communication devices, software and phone and internet services necessary to use the Service. You bear all the cost for communication and interconnection with respect to the use of the Service, including inquiries to us. You acknowledge that, depending on the device you use, you may not use the Service or the processing speed of the Service is slow.
An updated version of our Terms of Service takes effect from April 1, 2020.
Last modified: Sep 1, 2020.
Consent to Processing
The Website are operated in and intended for use in Japan. If you are located in USA, or elsewhere outside of Japan, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in Japan. By using the Website, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in Japan, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
Our service (“Service”)
Eplus sell tickets and live video streaming services online for overseas. Our business is based in Japan. eplus will store and use your data in Japan.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to eplus
We may ask you to provide information about you to provide Service(such as first and last name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, mobile phone number,) ("Personal Information"). If you choose not to provide this information, you may not be able to receive Service.
We may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as demographic information (such as gender, zip code, age, etc.) or payment information.
Information eplus Collects Automatically
In addition to any information, including Personal Information, that you choose to submit toeplus, eplus, as well as any third-party analytics providers or other service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how you accessed and used the Website ("Usage Information"). Usage Information may include, without limitation, browser type, operating system, the page served, time on the Website, and the preceding page views. Usage Information is treated as Personal Information where required by law.
Eplus may also automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifiers ("Device Identifiers") for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, "Devices") you use to access the Website. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access the Website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Device Identifiers include:
Cookies. "Cookies" (which may be html files, Flash files or other technology) are small text files that help store user preferences and activity. A Cookie is placed on a Device when that Device is used to access or visit the Website. Cookies may be used for many purposes, such as remembering you and your preferences, tracking your visits to the Website and customizing your experience on the Website. You may configure your browser or Device to block the use of certain cookies. However, if you choose to disable cookies on your Device, some features of Srevices may become unavailable.
Web Beacons. “Web beacons” (also known as image tags, pixel tags, clear GIFS or web bugs) are small pieces of code used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for various purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Website, to monitor how users navigate the Website, to count how many sent e-mails were actually opened or to determine whether content sent was actually viewed.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Please note that third parties may collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you visit or use the Websites or other online websites and Service. For example, some third parties' embedded content or plugins on theWebsite, such as social media sharing tools, allow their operators to learn that you have visited or interacted with the Website, and they may combine this information with other, identifiable information they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services. These third parties may handle this information, and other information they directly collect through their content and plugins, pursuant to their own privacy policies.
Online Tracking. Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. How browsers communicate the Do Not Track signal is not yet uniform. For this reason, the Website do not respond to such signals, except where required by law.
Ad Serving and Traffic Measurement Services We May Use
Eplus licenses technology to serve advertisements on the Website . We do not share the information that you provide to eplus, such as your name and/or email address with these third parties, but ad network providers, the advertisers, the sponsors, and/or analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts on your Device from ourWebsite. These cookies, web beacons, and embedded scripts may collect Personal Information or other information about your use of the Website over time and other third-party websites or applications and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including Usage Information. Cookies and web beacons, including those set by third party network advertisers, may be used to, among other things, target advertisements, prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times, or conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you.
Social Media Applications
Functionality on the Web sites may permit interactions between the Web site and third-party web sites, such as Facebook and Twitter. Such functionality enables you to “like”online content, “share” content to other web sites, and otherwise link the Web sites with another third-party property. If you choose to “like” or “share” content or to otherwise post information from or via the Web sites to a third-party property, that information may become public and the third-party property may have access to information about you and your use of the Web sites.
How eplus Uses the Information It Collects and Your Choices
Eplus will use the information it collects, including your Personal information: (i) for providing Service; (ii) to process and allow your registration and participation in the Website; (iii) to provide you with requested content; (iv) to improve the Website andService; (v) for internal business purposes; (vi) to contact you with regard to your use of the Website, your account, and, in our discretion, changes to any of our policies; (vii) for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information; and (viii) otherwise with your consent. To change or update the Personal Information you have provided to eplus, you may be able to update your account yourself by using your account settings.
Business Transfers. Eplus or any of its assets may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your Personal Information is one of the key business assets for the transaction. In such a case, your Personal Information may be one of the business assets we transfer. Hence, eplus and our Affiliates reserve the right to disclose and transfer user information, including Personal Information in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, the sale of certain stock and/or assets, or other corporate change including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Information You Disclose Publicly on Our Website
Websitemay offer the opportunity to submit writings, computer graphics,comments, including Personal Information (collectively, "User Submissions"). To participate, you may be asked to select a username, screen name, member name and/or password. Please do not use your real name or the real name of another person when selecting a username (or screen name or member name).
User Submissions may be published online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed). We may also publish your name, voice, likeness and other Personal Information with your User Submissions, and Eplus may use the content, or any portion of the content, for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional activities.
Security; Retention and Monitoring
Unless otherwise required by law, we are not responsible for monitoring or recording any activity on the Website, including communications, although we reserve the right to do so.
We seek to maintain reasonable security measures designed to help protect your information against unauthorized or accidental disclosure, access, misuse, loss, or alteration. There is no such thing as perfect security. Although we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Personal Information. We may collect certain categories of information, specifically;
・Geolocation Data: physical location information through the use of our Websiteon your mobile phone or Device by, for example using satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi signal, beacons, Bluetooth and near field communication protocols;
Sources of Personal Information. Consistent with the "Collection of Information" section above, we may collect Personal Information from the following sources:
・Directly from Consumers: such as when you voluntarily provide Personal Information to us or our service providers when purchasing products or Serviceor registering on our Website;
・Third-Party Business Partners: such as retail stores or website marketing partners;
The sale of the personal information. Eplus will not sell your personal information to any third party.
Consumer Rights. You may have the following rights to your Personal Information:
*Access. Request access to your Personal Information that we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold within the preceding 12 months; and
*Deletion. Request deletion of your Personal Information.
Exercising Your Rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, pleaseaccess the webform applicable to your request as described above. When submitting your request, you must include your first and last name, and email address. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. You may be asked to provide additional proof of identification so that we can verify your identity, and we may require that you validate the request. The number of requests you may submit per year may be limited where applicable.
We will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or websites, or by providing you with a different level or quality of websites, or in connection with Promotions and other offerings, based solely upon you exercising your rights to your Personal Information.
Authorized Agents: To the extent that you elect to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, they must provide appropriate documentation including a written signed permission form from you, proof of your identity, and verification of their identity; or a valid, designated power of attorney, as eplus reasonably requests. We may require additional proof of authority or may need to contact you directly to validate the request.